The club held its AGM at The Tabard Public House. The highlights were as follows:
- The treasurers report shows that, largely due to the strong subscriptions (19) in 2003/2004, the club has some assets to carry forward into 2004/2005. The yearly membership fee is remaining at £45 per 'ordinary' member.
- The Captains/Chairman's report indicates that the Middlesex A team finished mid-table and the B team performed unsatisfactorily due to poor turnouts.
- Mark Lyell was re-elected as Chairman. Colum Jezierski was elected as the Treasurer and Andy Hayler was elected as the new Secretary.
- The club agreed to the purchase of the westlondonchess.com domain and agreed to pay for a proper Web hosting solution. Total cost £51.66 this year and estimated £35 next year.
- The club created a new post of Webmaster for the maintenance of the Web site, deemed important for attracting new members. Ed Tandi was elected as the Webmaster. The new site is to be advertised on many sites including google, yahoo and chiswickw4.com.
- A few suggestions were made to the Club Rules, to be approved at next year's AGM.
- The issue of the missing trophy was discussed. The silver plated board worth over £2K is dated from 1899 and we need to chase some leads as to where it might have gone.
- Under AOB. we discussed publishing more on club history -we have a contact to follow up on. Also, the subject of an internal tournament surfaced, but there were no volunteers for the position of 'Tournament Secretary'. Someone volunteered to check out how much it would cost to insure the Club's equipment.